Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Yellow + Grey Gender Neutral Nursery

Yes, I know I already posted pictures of Brody's nursery... but that was before it was completely done and before I had a really nice camera. Since I last posted photos, a few updates have been made...


Our spare bedroom's walls started out this um, unique shade of sea foam green. That had to go. Check out my tutorial on how to paint straight, clean lines on your wall.


The fake family didn't have to live in the frames for long before we printed Brody's newborn pictures. For as many awesome pictures as we have of him, I have a feeling I'll be changing up those frames quite often. Originally, the frames were black and mirror was white.


I created an 18x24 inch alphabet print with shades of yellow and grey to match the room's color scheme. A huge thank you to Holland Litho, one of my favorite vendors from work, for printing it for me! It turned out beautifully. The yellow frame now holds Brody's, Clay's and my hospital birth photos. 


We also hung a shelf over Brody's crib to display the wooden train set from his Aunt Shelby and Uncle Ken. That too was painted to match the decor. The mobile was made with metal rings from Hobby Lobby, fishing line and the same paper starbursts I created for my holiday garland...  just on a smaller scale. 



Mama Z finished off the quilt she made for Brody by embroidering his name and birthday in the corners. She also sewed the pillow, handkerchief curtain, bumper pads, three sets of bedding, crib skirt and two contoured changing pad covers. Aren't moms wonderful? :)


I took full advantage of the closet shelves with these canvas collapsable totes. They hold Brody's outerwear, socks, bibs, burp clothes, a few books and toys, etc. to free up drawer space... all nicely labeled of course. Clothes size dividers are super helpful too and I would highly recommend them. 

Resources
Crib and dresser set - Essentials Collection from Baby Cache (via Babies R Us)
Chair - La-Z-Boy Niagra Glider (pattern: handsome, color: steel)
Paint - Behr Classic Silver, Behr Ultra Pure White and Dutch Boy Polished Gold
Carpet - Mohawk Smartstrand squall line (via Lowes)
Mirror + picture frames - Meijer 
Canvas totes, closet organizer + shelf - Menards
Touchlamp - refurbished 
Bedding/linens - homemade with fabric from Hobby Lobby
Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover